Did you know? Children can start losing their primary teeth or ‘baby teeth’ between the ages of six and seven. We wanted to share a list to help make the process as easy as possible for parents!
● Tell your child to wiggle loose teeth with their tongue – For some of those more pesky baby teeth, this may help get them out!
● Keep brushing and flossing – Sometimes, loose teeth can be painful or sore and prevent kids from routine oral care. Make sure that you keep them brushing and flossing to keep the area clean and free of infection!
● Don’t force out any teeth that are not ready – It is important to be patient with the process. If your child is feeling pain when the tooth is touched, it could mean the roots are not dissolved completely. In this case, it is best to wait, as most baby teeth will fall out on their own or bring them to the dentist!
● Don’t use old-fashioned methods – Tying a string to a doorknob or ball can be dangerous.
● Don’t forget to check for tooth fragments – It is important to check the spot of the tooth that came out to make sure nothing was left behind. If you have questions bring you kiddos in to the dentist.
When kiddos begin loosing primary teeth it is usually so exciting for them when their adult teeth start to come in! As always, if you have any questions please contact us. We are more than happy to help! Call us now to set up an appointment!